Texas Registered Agent Services
Let us hire a professional registered agent for your business
Registered Agent Solutions, Inc. (a third-party professional registered agent) has agreed to provide registered agent services to Copp Law Firm clients for a discounted price of $120/year.
Although anyone that meets the Texas registered agent requirements can serve as the registered agent, many of our business formation clients prefer to appoint a professional registered agent for this important position.What is a Registered Agent? → What are the Registered Agent Requirements? →
Can a business owner appoint a professional registered agent after the business has been formed?
Yes, a professional registered agent can be appointed at any time. If you have already formed an entity and wish to hire a professional registered agent, contact us to discuss further.
Advantages of Using a Professional Registered Agent
Stability – The registered agent’s address must be kept current with the Texas Secretary of State. A professional registered agent shouldn’t move, but if they ever do, they are keenly aware of of this requirement and will promptly file a change of registered address with the TXSOS. Updating timely is important as you do not want to miss an important notice or receipt of a lawsuit.
Reliability – Professional Registered Agents maintain records of when and what they received on behalf of their clients.
Anonymity – The Registered Agent’s address must be a physical address in Texas (no PO Boxes or mail services allowed). Many home-based business do not want to disclose the home address to the public in the Certificate of Formation.
Typical Reasons to Hire a Professional Registered Agent
- The business lacks a physical address;
- The business is a home-based business;
- You are not interested in receiving the added junk mail that comes to the registered office;
- You can freely change your business location without having to file a change of registered agent form ($15) each time you move;
- You can travel freely without worrying about missing delivery of a lawsuit and a subsequent default judgment;
- You will receive important tax and legal documents via e-mail (instead of mail), if you so desire;
- You do not want a process server or constable serving legal papers in front of your clients, employees, or neighbors;
- You do not maintain normal business hours;
- You do not currently live in Texas; and
- You use a P.O. Box and do not want your home address used in a public record.